Wednesday 2 January 2013

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

I am a huge web geek – huge. On an average day I spend about six or seven hours a day on the web at work, and another four or five at home. A significant portion of this is spent tweaking, updating, and otherwise fiddling with my website; I used Movable Type for a couple of years and then about four months ago switched to WordPress. Most of my daily applications – to-do list, calendar, etc. – are maintained on my own website, and although I didn’t write most of them I know enough PHP to break them! Seriously, I am still learning PHP, but I have a very good command of HTML and CSS, and basic knowledge of XML. I am hoping to create a skin for the CSS Zen Garden soon, even though I’m not a particularly good graphic artist.My feed reader contains the usual suspects – Engadget, Popgadget (hey, I’m a girl), TechCrunch, eHub, Metafilter, etc. I am turning into a big fan of Web 2.0; I like websites that help me do things while looking snazzy and adding cool features. I am a meta editor at the Open Directory Project, and I occasionally contribute to Everything2 and Wikipedia. I will sign up for just about any cool website I find that offers registration!

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek

Parts Geek



No comments:

Post a Comment