Tuesday 1 January 2013

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Bio, I was like you, blowing tires a LOT, especially on a trip of any distance. I have a float-on trailer, made for up to I'd say 24' boat. I'm hauling a 207 (20'7") SEAHUNT, so definitely not overloaded. Tires 14", load range C. Were always at max pressure(45-50). Tires were TR tires bought at local trailer dealer. , of coarse double axel. Owned it 5 yrs, had several several differant brands of tires thru the yrs. Never really used it a lot, maybe a trip to the keys a yr, 350 miles each way and 2-3 trips to Ft. Pierce, 150 each way.. Couple weeks before going to keys this yr noticed one tire, almost new tread, had broken steel cords, tread was round like a banana! I said "thats enough of this crap". I broke for 4 new Loadmaster, 15", TR, 275/75R 15, Load Range E! new wheels and all, rated 80Lbs of air. I maintained 70, no bulge in sidewall at all. Went to Keys, 65-70 all the way. Hotter than hades. I don't carry a heat gun, I feel them like all truck drivers! Tires stayed warm to the touch, no way hot. End of problem!! I know, someone will say they're too hard, not enough give, thats right, they are a little hard, thats what the springs are for, I noticed no difference in bounce, but I bet every 1" bump i went over the tires didn't bulge!

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires

Trailer Tires



No comments:

Post a Comment